Monday, November 1, 2010

On My Mind

I don't have a lot of time tonight, so I may come back and add to this. I'll just keep it short and sweet for now. Here's what's been on my mind the past week... My birth plan!!! I know D-day is quite a ways off still, but time does seem to fly and I want to be as prepared as possible. Questions like, do I labor and birth in water? Do I labor out and birth in? Do I wait until after the birthing the placenta to cut the cord? Who do I want there? Do I try the bradley, hypnobabies, or other birth methods? And on and on and on... I just feel like this is going to be one of the most important times of my life and even thought it's not possible, I want everything to be perfect. So long as everyone is healthy and happy though, I can certainly be satisfied.
18 weeks

4 comments:

  1. Ok so I had the most AMAZING experience giving birth! I thought of the worst possible things that could happen and I was super calm the entire time NO MATTER WHAT! I got clear dilated to almost a 9 and the only reason I got an epidural is because I was scared it was going to hurt..... advice, If your that far dilated DONT GET THE EPIDURAL! I did not rip or anything. Just stay calm and realize that you know what your bodys needs are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birth plans are so hard because no matter how hard you prepare...you have no idea how its going to happen to you . Just stay positive and listen to your body. I was terrified of labor and delivery and it was the best experience of my life. I had epidural because i wanted to enjy it and not remember screaming the whole time, I wanted to want to do it again and not dread it haha i have so much respect and am amazed whn people do it natrual. I hope everything goes smooth and that you enjoy the experience. it truely is one of the best things that will ever happen

    ReplyDelete
  3. umthat comment was from me cortney not my husband ammon.. sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you feel! haha I keep going over things trying to see what will be best for me and my baby. I'm pretty positive that I'm going to go natural, & I've been looking into Bradley method but I'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete